Curry Office Supply was founded in 1939 by Ted and Roberta Curry who then moved to Washington Avenue in downtown Waco in 1947.
The building’s 18-inch-thick brick walls survived the 1953 Waco tornado, although the roof was torn off. It also survived two fires, both of which were arson.
Just before the turn of the century in 1999, Perry Office Plus purchased Curry Office Supply, expanding its business into Waco!
Throughout the years, the Curry building has been a supply depot, a home, an apartment for newlyweds, and is now owned by Greg and Suzanna May and houses a boutique and upscale bar called Z’s at the Curry.