Here you’ll find more stories & tidbits from the last 100+ years!
These are the stories behind the highlights — the side trails and fun facts that don’t make it into the primary historical narrative… The people, places, events, and times that made our forerunner, American Printing, what it was, and what make Perry Office Plus what it is today.
100-Second History: The Expanding Perry Footprint
It’s amazing how much a business can grow in 100 years! Through careful growth and strategic acquisitions, Perry Office Plus has grown from its humble beginnings in downtown Temple, to Central Texas’ largest independent workplace products and furniture dealer! Perry [...]
100-Second History: Celebrating Over Three Decades of Pre-Packaged School Supplies!
In the mid-1980s, Perry Office Products and Belton Office Products began one of the company’s largest annual services: selling pre-packaged school supplies for Belton and Temple ISD out of the Belton store. This service started with the intention to save [...]
100-Second History: Celebrating Over Four Decades at the Perry store in Belton
In 1976, the office supply business of Perry Office Products expands further with a new retail location in nearby downtown Belton, called Belton Office Products. This storefront was intended to make business in Belton more convenient, and it offered all [...]
100-Second History: The Story of J.W. & Ruth Perry (a.k.a. Blind Faith & Office Supplies)
Born in Navarro County, Texas, J.W. Perry grew up picking cotton and working on the farm. He graduated high school and served in the U.S. Navy from 1950 – 1952 during the Korean War. He then moved to Dallas, Texas [...]
100-Second History: Our Time on Gray Street in Killeen
In the early 1900s, Carter Printing printed a local newspaper and operated a printing company in the 400 block of Gray Street in Killeen. In the early 1970s Myron Johnson, a Killeen typewriter repairman, helped expand Carter Printing's operation into [...]
100-Second History: Curry Office Supply versus the 1953 Waco Tornado
Curry Office Supply was founded in 1939 by Ted and Roberta Curry who then moved to Washington Avenue in downtown Waco in 1947. The building’s 18-inch-thick brick walls survived the 1953 Waco tornado, although the roof was torn off. It [...]